Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Hook Equity



I came home and tried to hang up my coat. It is my total winter coat - sort of like a sleeping bag, but a coat. Very nice and warm. But that's not the point.

I came home and tried to hang up my coat. But I can't. He has all the hooks. There are 6 hooks on my coat rack, and his coats take up all 6.

I have a total of 2 coats that I need to hang up for everyday use. Why do you need 6? I want hook equity.

Have you had that problem?

The art is Givanni Boldini's Putting on her Dress. I don't have a date for this, but it is probably the 1870's. You know she will need a coat to wear with this dress. I hope she has hook equity.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has 6 winter coats? Certainly some of those are actually spring/fall jackets, not the oh-my-god-winter-is-here heavy variety, right?

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem but in reverse. My wife has 5 coats to my two. So I know the hook equity problem! I think we should stand together we less hooked people and demand equality. Either that or throw out the extraneous coats and take over the closet completely...lol

LARMOT said...

What are winter coats? Oh, yeah..those things we put on down here when it gets in the 60's...I don't have that problem in Miami.... My cousin (in Wisconsin) bought a hat rack and hangs extra jackets on that.

John Burt said...

Yes, and I solve it by hanging my coat over the newel post on the front steps. Don't leave me a hook? Then take the consequences, I say.

Nancy said...

Rolfe: I hear ya.
The stair railing is great for coats. As is the chair that happens to be in the vicinity of the coat rack.

Nancy said...

Larmot:

Damn Floridians.... Y'all wear mink coats when it is 50 degrees!

Nancy said...

Peter: I thought about taking his coats up to the closet, but that is way way too much work!

Nancy said...

Megs: You are right. Some are the spring/fall jackets. They weren't all the heavy damn-its-winter coats.