Monday, June 4, 2007

Theme Song


Do you have one? Lately, I think mine is Everybody's Changing by Keane.

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it
I don't see how you can

You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Says everybody's changing
And I don't know why.

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same.

You're gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
'cause everybody's changing
And I don't feel right.

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same.


Not the most cheerful song, but for now it will have to do. Do you have a theme song?

The art is German (Northern Renaissance) painter Hans Baldung Grien's The Seven Ages of Woman, c.1535

8 comments:

Gunz said...

Boyz in Da Hood redone by Dynamite Hack

Nancy said...

LOL Rico!!! That song is an absolute riot!

Anonymous said...

Mine is Gravity by John Mayer...also not too positive a song but speaks to my current life position.

Anonymous said...

My theme song? It would have to be ``Stage Fright'' by The Band. It's right on target and as applicable today as it was when I first heard the album decades ago.

John Burt said...

I don't have a theme song right now, but I do have a tune I can't get out of my head --- the "Promenade" part of "Pictures at an Exhibition."

I see you have a new picture at the top of your blog. What is it? (And by the way, what was the old one.)

John Burt said...

Ah, silly me! I should have looked on your main page. Of course it would be Bouguereau --- who else?

Frank said...

I would have to say mine is "Roll the Bones" by Rush.

"Why are we here? Because we're here, roll the bones."

Anonymous said...

Love your taste in art. Hope all is well with you. (Happy Belated B-day)

Kindest Regards,
Kevin D.