Thursday, May 17, 2007

Pimping Pandora


I feel like I am always begging my friends to suggest music to me that I might like. Today a friend told me about this site today and I like it. It is called The Music Genome Project at Pandora.com. You type in the name of a band. That opens up a radio station that plays other music similar to the music you chose. You can vote thumbs up or down for each song they play.

It's pretty cool. I typed in Keane and got a couple of songs by bands I'd never heard of. They suggested Back in Time by a band I'd never heard of called Beach Mercer, Home by Red Umbrella (never heard of them either) and Breaking my Heart by Aqualung.

They missed on a few others, but overall it was on mark.

Check it out if you wish.

http://www.pandora.com/

The art is Pandora by French Symbolist artist Odilon (Bertrand-Jean) Redon, c.1914.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

OK well Pandora just froze up on me, but other than that...

Anonymous said...

Nancy,

I switched the focus of my initial writing from the Catholic Church to Endocrinology & Health:-)

We are both writing in the mdeical field now...

BostonBBBob

Nancy said...

Rico,

My computer rocks. I still like Pandora too. You suck though.

Nancy said...

Bob,

Yay!

John Burt said...

Do they call it pandora because it breaks your computer if you open it?

Frank said...

Well, no computer breakage here. A little strange in the selections based on my initial artist selection, but some of the other selections are blasts from prog-rock past lol. Oh, Progressive Rock for those who just looked at this quizzically. I got some Nu-Metal in with my Prog-rock though. Meh. But not bad so far even here at work. :)

-F

Nancy said...

Er Rolfe, I'm not quite sure. Hopefully it will be OK. So far I really like it!

Nancy said...

Frank,

You know, you sound something like me. In other words, I don't really have much of a clue what you were talking about.

:))

Love ya sweetie

Anonymous said...

I'm always looking for new music so I will definitely check out Pandora. Here's one from me to you:

www.youtube.com/v/5cpSv2mNhhc

Susan